Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm Back in the Game

I don't remember when and I don't really even remember why, but some time ago I told my friend El Lobo that I would abandon my Zombie Baby Nursery blog and move on to greener pastures.  Okay I lied.  I'm back.  The truth is that I just hated to see something I sunk so much time into rot away all abandoned and alone.  I hated to watch my people suffer and die while I discussed this invasion in a committee (did I just reference The Phantom Menace?...yuck).

The Scar of Remembrance!!
So here's what's going on right now: I still totally want to keep my blog up and running because it is a fun outlet for me and a great way to communicate and stay in touch with my friend Juan del Lobo.  But you know how back in the day I would structure posts so that I was writing about a particular topic or theme (example, one post might be a review of a specific movie or another might be about my favorite movies of the previous year)?  Yeah, well, I'm throwing all that shit out the window and instead I'm going to focus on just writing for the sake of it and to have fun.  Way back when when I started this blog I harbored faint dreams of it achieving an audience, however small and cultish that potential audience might have been.  I'm pretty much over that now, to be totally honest.  Now, I just want to sit and write whatever happens to pour out of my brain.  I want to throw word vomit up onto the wall and see what sticks (and what slowly slides off onto the floor).

What changed my approach?  Well, as a recently minted adult I have become more particular about my online image, but I still wanted to have my own little Internet corner where I could kick off my shoes and have fun and just do write whatever without having to worry about proofreading or how my stuff sounds, or whatever.  I wanted a virtual pasture where I could frolic among nature and shit like that.

So here I am.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I really look forward to reading your new blog posts. It took me getting over wanting comments to just let loose and post whatever. I realized it's just a good place to set up my corner in the 'net and spout my opinions. And it works perfectly in that capacity!

    I love that picture! It brings back so many memories. Amidala! She looks so young there.

    ReplyDelete